Directions to the Whole Child Center
The Whole Child Center is one of the first green pediatric offices in the United States. We are committed to ecologically-sustainable healthcare for children and families.
What makes our Center green? We are mindful of the impact of the environment on health and the impact of healthcare on the environment. The use of certain building materials and operational practices is key to our green mission.
Listed below are some of our resources. If you are interested in green building practices for your home or business, we encourage you to ask us about our experiences and come visit our space.
To view images of some of products we use at the Center, visit our photo album.
DRG Design Group, LLC (Deborah Glazer/Barbara Rosen): email@example.com
• Designers for the Whole Child Center
Deirdre Imus Environmental Center for Pediatric Oncology at HUMC
• Think “Home Depot” for green building.
• The Teleosis Institute is devoted to developing effective, sustainable health care provided by professionals who serve as environmental health stewards.
• A leader in revenue cycle management solutions, athenahealth's web-based practice management and EHR services allow the Center to reduce paper use dramatically. Additionally, these systems allow staff members and physicians to be more efficient, spending more time working with families.
• The artist who's stunning work is featured in our entry space/waiting rooms, emerson’s images of children from around the world remind us we are connected to each other across great distances.
• Internationally-renowned designer of modern office furniture since 1938, Knoll is committed to environmentally sound design and manufacturing processes.
Jonti-Craft Sproutz® Furniture
• Our waiting room bookcases use medium density fiberboard panel manufactured from recycled wood fiber, sealed with a formaldehyde free resin.
Armstrong Ceiling Tiles
Forbo Marmoleum Flooring Tiles
GoodTime Medical Exam Tables
• For our infant and pediatric exam tables, GoodTime Medical accommodated us by using GREENGUARD certified Wilsonart laminate and EnviroLeather™.
• Our "river-rock" divider between the waiting rooms is made of a GREENGUARD-certified eco resin.
International Building Products Ivy Coatings™ Paints
AFM Safecoat® Stains and Sealers
MechoShade Ecoveil™ window treatments